1) Remove the skin from the thighs and drumsticks.
2) Slice the red onions and lightly saute in the olive oil for a few minutes.
3) Add the chicken to the onions, the whole bottle of white wine, chopped garlic, salt & pepper and simmer for 1 hour.
4) Remove the chicken from the pot and remove the meat from the bones.
5) Add the chopped potatoes and chicken meat back to the pot and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
6) Add the chopped cavolo nero and frozen spinach to the pot and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
7) Finish with the double cream & serve with crusty bread.