Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Start by preparing the vegetables.
2) Poke the cloves into the onion.
3) Make a bouquet garni with the thyme, parsley and bay leaves, by tying with kitchen string.
4) Cut the carrot in half and chop the celery so it will fit in the sauce pan.
5) Pour the water into a high sided saucepan, add the salt and prepared vegetables, and bring to the boil.
6) Meanwhile, tie the braising steak with a kitchen string, so that it maintains its shape during cooking. (you could ask your butcher to do this)
7) Once the water has reached the boil add the meat and tounge.
8) After a few minutes of cooking, the impurities in the form of foam will start to surface on the surface of the water: Scoop these out with a ladle.
9) Add the peppercorns and lower the heat to a minimum.
10) Simmer for about 3 hours.
11) When the meat is cooked, remove with a perforated spoon, let it drain and place on a cutting board. Discard the cooking liquor.
12) Remove the string from the meat and cut into slices about 1 cm thick. Cut the tongue into slices.
13) Arrange the slices of meat on a serving plateer and serve with boiled vegetables, pesto and a glass of good red wine.