Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Add the butter to a frying pan over a high heat and cook the eel on each side for 2 – 3 minutes until golden brown.
2) Put 4 tbsp wine, the shallots and vinegar into a saucepan and reduce to about 2 tbsp.
3) Very slowly add the cubes of butter whisking rapidly. Take off the heat before adding the last two.
4) Meanwhile heat a frying pan until hot, add the remaining wine and the clams.
5) Cover and cook for a couple of minutes until the clams have opened. Discard any that don’t open.
6) Drain the clams, reserving the cooking liquid.
7) Remove the meat from half the clams and add them to the beurre blanc sauce.
8) Add a little of the reserved cooking liquor and season to taste.
9) Pour the clam butter sauce onto the serving plate and top with the eel and clams in their shells.
10) Top with the pea shoots and watercress.