Bacon cheese and broccoli bake
Milk, Lactose, Gluten
What are the health benefits of Bacon cheese and broccoli bake?
Get protection for your heart, blood, brain, bones and immune system with this simple supper dish.
This fabulous bake makes a change from the traditional cauliflower cheese. It would also be great as a side dish with a meat or fish main.
15g salted butter
120g cheddar cheese
150ml goats milk
15ml rapeseed oil
150g red onion
Salt and pepper to taste
90g streaky bacon
1) Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour to make a paste.
2) Add the milk whisking until you have a thick sauce that coats the back of a spoon.
3) Add 80% of the grated cheddar and stir until melted.
4) Fry the bacon, garlic and sliced red onion until lightly browned.
5) Add the bacon and onion mixture to the cheese sauce and season to taste.
6) Arrange the broccoli in a roasting dish and pour over the sauce.
7) Sprinkle the remaining cheddar and Parmesan over the top and bake in an oven at 200° C/400 °F for 30 minutes.