Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2) Grease a 900g loaf tin, line the tin with grease proof paper that lines the bottom and sides as well. Grease the paper as well.
3) Cook the parsnips for 4 minutes in a pan of boiling water. Drain.
4) Measure the width of the base of the tin and cut the parsnips into strips. Line the bottom of the tin with the parsnips. Drizzle the honey over.
5) Finely chop the rest of the parsnips and put into a mixing bowl.
6) Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan, add the onions and cook over a medium heat until soft
7) Add the sage and cook for a minute more. Add to the bowl.
8) Put the walnuts into a food processor and blitz until they are finely chopped. Add to the bowl. Repeat with the chestnuts.
9) Finely chop ¹/³ of the cranberries and add to the bowl.
10) Now add the breadcrumbs, mace, egg, salt and pepper and stir to combine everything well.
11) Pour the loaf mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Pack down well and smooth.
12) Cover with foil then bake for 1 hr.
13) Put the cranberries and sugar into a saucepan and simmer for about 8-10 mins over a high heat. Until it becomes sticky add a little water to make a sauce.
14) Turn the loaf out.
15) Add the reserved sage leaves to a sauce pan with the remaining butter until sizzling and drizzle over the loaf.
16) Serve with the cranberry sauce on the side.