Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1.
2) Heat 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil in an ovenproof casserole, over a high heat and brown the meat all over. You may need to do this in batches. Set aside.
3) Turn the heat down to low and add the rest of the oil and the onions, cook until soft.
4) Return the meat to the pan and add the paprika, tomato puree, garlic and seasoning.
5) Cook for 1 min more, and then add the bay leaf, tomatoes and wine. Turn the heat to medium and bring to a simmer.
6) Cover with a lid and put in the oven for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.