680g braising steak, cubed
5g/1 tsp ground cardamom
4g/1 tsp sugar
24g/2 tbsp ground coriander
10g/1tbsp curry powder
12g/2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
60g piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
5g/1 tsp ground nutmeg
400g/2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
60ml rapeseed oil
Salt and pepper to taste
400g tinned chopped tomatoes, with juice
1) Preheat oven, to 180°C, Gas 4,
2) Arrange the beef in a casserole dish.
3) In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and stir well.
4) Pour the mixture evenly over the meat.
5) Cover and cook, in the oven for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally during cooking.